When provided, we collect the following information:
- Registration information (first and/or last name, username, email addresses, passwords)
- Comments in which you include personal information
- Content you send through our Services or email
- IP address (anonymized in some cases, which we will outline in detail below).
We collect data from you when you submit it through any forms on our site (registration, log-in fields, comments, content/contest submissions), and information exchanges through our Services or email.
Before collecting PII, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. Our collection and usage of PII is limited to fulfilling the purposes we specify and for any related purposes, unless we obtain prior, written consent of the individual concerned or as required by law enforcement. We will not use personal information to identify you, target you with personalized ads, or sell your data to third parties.
We will only use your information for the following purposes:
- Provide optional features/access to areas of the Site
- Provide important security notices or changes to our policies
- Send newsletters to subscribed users
- Record your submissions for contests and polls/surveys
- Review aggregate usage of our Site though anonymized analytics, which is legitimate and necessary for us to provide constantly improving user experience
- Any other uses which you provide informed consent.
Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information is readily available to our users. Personal data is retained as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes outlined in this policy. We protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Information we collect is encrypted through HTTPS and is accessible only with proper credentials. We will notify relevant local authorities and at-risk users of security breaches within 72 hours upon discovery.
Third Party Data Collection
Our third-party partners may conduct business through:
- Search engines and advertisements
- Offer of products/services to us or our users
- Social media/networks.
- First and/or last name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Any other data they may have already collected on you prior to your usage of Chefpedia
Third Party Services
- Google Analytics
Chefpedia only stores or uses information you submit to us. We do not receive indentifiable, personal information from third-party services. We will make a good faith effort to only review and recommend products and services which we believe to be beneficial and safe for our users. However, third-party services are subject to change and may not be reflected in our older recommendations. Exercise due diligence and carefully research any third party services before providing information to them.
Chefpedia uses a few required cookies so that we can remember you and improve user experience. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard security information and understand user behavior. When you visit Chefpedia, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
We use the following cookies for the corresponding purposes:
- Keeping you logged in - persistent cookie; 2 weeks; remembers login session to disable login prompts on further visits
- Functionality - persistent cookie; no expiration; recognizes you and remembers your previously selected preferences, such as data collection opt-out
- Google Analytics - persistent cookie; 2 year duration; used to improve user expereince and track content performance (visits, page views, behavior flow) and technical performance of Chefpedia on your browser/device
You are free to remove optional cookies on Chefpedia.
- Disable your browser's cookies. Core website features may stop functioning.
- Delete your browser's cookies. Your login session will be removed.
- Clear your browser's cache. Your preferences will be reset to default.
- Opt out of analytics with the browser plugin
Data Protection Rights
Chefpedia gives you the following data protection rights:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Chefpedia for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Chefpedia correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Our Company's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
You may contact us to process requests which you are unable to perform yourself (such as, but not exclusively, removing your own comments, deleting your own cookies, etc). We will respond no later than one month unless there are extenuating circumstances beyond Chefpedia's control.