You warrant that you
- Are 18 years of age or older with the legal authority to form a binding contract with us, or at least 13 years of age with parental consent to use our Services;
- Will comply with all applicable local laws and regulations;
- Have not been previously suspended from using our Services;
- Will access our Services exclusively from a web browser for personal viewing or through any other method/interface we provide to you or authorize;
We are committed to maintaining a safe experience for all parties including, without limitations, Chefpedia, our affiliates, and our users. You are responsible for your actions (or lack thereof) that result in harm, injury, or loss to any party on our Services.
Any message or post you transmit to our Services must not:
- Contain content which you do not have the rights to or violates any of our Terms,
- Threaten anyone's safety, devices, privacy, assets, or employment (not safe for work content),
- Intend to threaten, harass, or extort
- Discriminate on basis of age, gender, race, national origin, religion, or medical condition
- Create a conflict of interest, where you or an affiliated party may receive any commercial gain or financial incentive, without limitations
- Solicit anyone on our Services to receive messages from you that breach this clause in any manner, whether public, private, or automated messages
As fellow content creators, we understand first-hand the hard work put into your works and possible legal ramifications of not protecting your rights. Therefore, we've established a comprehensive Intellectual Property Policy to outline rights to your content and ours, respectively, on Chefpedia's Services
Under our use license, you may:
- temporary download one copy of the materials from Chefpedia's Services for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only.
- create a text hyperlink to our Services for noncommercial purposes
This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose or for any public display;
- Attempt to reverse engineer any software contained on Chefpedia's Services;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transferring the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- Portray Chefpedia in a false, misleading, or defamatory manner and is not placed on a website containing material that is illegal, offensive, or objectionable as determined by us
With our express, written consent, we may grant you a non-transferable, limited use license to use our content for purposes not outlined in this agreement.
Under our limited use license, the authorized person(s) may:
- use the materials only in accordance with the conditions agreed upon as long as the license is active
- display a credit link above the materials licensed to the original on our Services and state that permission to reproduce our materials has been granted to by us
- only re-post the entire, unmodified portion of content on the authorized website
- send us an email notification to all instances our content or a link to our Services is used.
This license may be terminated by us at any time. Upon termination of this license, you retain no rights and must destroy all of our materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
When you post content on our Services, you:
- retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in content which you post on our Services;
- grant us a worldwide, perpetual, exclusive, royalty-free license to use, modify, display, or showcase your content;
- may receive compensation if agreed upon prior to content submission.
This license enables us to operate, promote, improve, or further develop our Services, including, without limitations, user-submitted content for display and contest submissions. At our sole discretion, we may delete, modify, derive from, or any content which you have submitted to us.
Any ideas, suggestions, or concepts that are offered or communicated to us shall be the property of Chefpedia and may be treated by us as non-confidential information. We shall have the unrestricted right to use such ideas, suggestions, know-how, or concepts for any purpose.
Warranties and Disclaimers
All the materials on Chefpedia's Services are provided "as is". Chefpediamakes no warranties, expressed or implied, and therefore negates all other warranties. Furthermore, Chefpedia does not make any representations concerning the accuracy or reliability of the use of the materials on its Website or otherwise relating to such materials or any sites linked to this Website. Please read our disclaimers for more information.
In no event shall you hold Chefpedia or its partners liable for any type of loss, harm, or damage arising out of the use or inability to use our Services or the information presented within it, even if we or our authorized representative(s) have been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damages.
These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United States of America and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location. Any claim relating to our Services shall be governed by the applicable laws of the United States and/or the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Site Terms Modification
We may revise these terms at any time. By using our Services, you are agree to be bound by the latest version of these Terms of Service at the time of accessing our materials. If there are changes to any Terms, there will be a two week grace period to review and comply with such changes.